Review on The Wolseley
Renowned restaurateurs Chris Corbin and Jeremy King opened The Wolseley restaurant and shop in November 2003 after an extensive renovation program was undertaken by David Collins Architects. This impressive Grade II listed building was originally a prestigious car showroom, Wolseley Motors Limited commissioned by the architect, William Curtis Green, who incorporated Venetian and Florentine influences in the design. After the Company went bankrupt in 1926 the building was acquired by Barclays Bank, and William Curtis Green was asked to install manager's offices on either side of the main entrance and a banking counter, which nowadays serves as a bar and salon. He also designed specialised furniture including a post box and stamp machine which are still on display today.
Reminiscent of a grand European coffee house, the venue is very atmospheric and glamorous with towering pillars, arches, dazzling chandeliers and marble floors. The restaurant is open all day serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. The menu offers an eclectic selection of dishes ranging from seafood platters, to salads, a daily changing grilled fish of the day, to classics such as steak tartare.
The Wolseley is also featured in: Michelin Guide, Hardens, AA GuideRate this Restaurant
Modern European / Afternoon Tea
Restaurant Opening Times
Breakfast: 7.00 - 11.00am (8.00 - 11.00am Sat-Sun)
Lunch: 11.30am - 2.30pm (3.00pm Sat-Sun) Afternoon Tea 3.00 - 6.00pm (3.30 - 5.00pm Sat, 3.30 - 6.00pm Sun)
Dinner: 5.30 - 11.30pm (10.30pm Sat-Sun)
Accepted credit cards
Visa, Master Card, American Express