Review on Hôtel Mazin-La Fayette, 1728 Restaurant
Restaurant 1728 is located on the corner of St Honoré-Fauberg where the Marquis Lafayette spent his winters during the last seven years of his life. Originally built in 1728 by Antoine Mazin architect to King Louis XV, the 18th century town house has been transformed by husband and wife team Jean-François Chuet and Yang Lining into a series of drawing rooms that combine a restaurant and art gallery. The sumptuous rooms now feature over 300 works of art with beautiful Venetian chandeliers, satin drapes, hand-painted silk wallpaper, marble tables and armchairs covered in plush velvet.
The ambience of the restaurant changes throughout the day; lunchtimes will see business executives and officials from the Élysée Palace and Interior Ministry, while teatime becomes a place for shoppers to stop by for pastries and a selection of exotic teas. At dinner, the fabulous décor is candlelit and romantic, becoming an exquisite setting for the enticing menu on offer.
Head chef, Nicolas Roudier has created an eclectic mix of French and Japanese cuisine so typically, expect to begin with perhaps tartar of raw tuna fish with basil, lemon grass, ginger, marinated algae, enlivened by a heart of flowing ginger, French sea salt, refreshing Lampung pepper or Coco Thaï soup with coconut milk and lemongrass, minced chicken, bean sprouts, Paris mushrooms and cilantro. Main courses pick up the contemporary theme with Mi fig mid grape, braised rabbit nem, pine nuts and raisins in sake, loin roasted with mint and stewed figs with Asian flavours. As a finale, consider panacotta flavoured with sesame sauce chestnuts or crème brulée flavoured with green cardamom and there are a delicious selection of pastries by Arnaud Larher.
Hôtel Mazin-La Fayette, 1728 Restaurant is also featured in: Michelin GuideRate this Restaurant
Restaurant Opening Times
Lunch: 12.30 through until
Dinner: 10.30pm Tue-Sat
Accepted credit cards
Visa, Master Card, American Express