The Lamb at Buckland - Faringdon Wine List
The Lamb @ Buckland The Lamb at Buckland
Phone 0871 223 9023
Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras
Dry, crisp zesty and unoaked whites. 175mlglass Bottle
1. Vanel Sauvignon Blanc Vin de Pays d'oc (France)2007 3.50 13.75
This wine has a strong bouquet. Characteristics of pears and mint.
2. Tanguero Unoaked Chardonnay(Argentina) 2008 3.50 13.75
Delicate and fruity flavour with a fresh acidity.
3.La Borgata Pinot Grigio (Italy) 2008 4.00 14.95
Voluptuous with medows of heady Italian springtime,with a crispand fresh palate, highly versatile
4. Sauvignon Touraine AC Bougrier (France) 2007 17.25
Golden in colour with green hints. Aromatic nose with fruity a characteristic.
1.Sancerre 'Les Romains'AC Fouassier (France) 2007 27.75
A Full Bodied wine, concentrated in flavour and a highly aromatic taste of gooseberries.
6. Jackson Estate Green Lip Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand) 2006 23.50
A Pale lemon wine, which has a distinctive aroma of gooseberry, crisp and dry.
7. Chaple Down Bacchus Reserve (Kent ,England) 2006 19.50
A Delicate rose petal nose, luscious kiwi fruit and peach with a little lime for acidity.
It's English and it's excellent.
Rich, soft and mellow whites.
9. Aimery Voignier Vin de Pays d'oc (France) 2006 4.00 14.95
This wine has an aroma of blossom, with peach and apricot reflected on the palate.
10. Cristobal 1492 Verdelho (Chile) 2008 17.50
Characterized by its fruity aromas with floral tones, its freshness highlighted by
its balanced acidity in the mouth.
Bigger, full flavoured whites.
1.Foot of Africa Chenin Blanc (South Africa) 2008 18.50
This medium, full style chenin blanc has strong guava, tropical, herbaceous aromas.
12. Chablis Ac Vauroux (France) 2006 27.95
Crisp rich and aromatic, with a full and a long flavoursome finish
13. Meursault Vallet Freres (France) 2004 36.50
A classic French Chardonnay- full, ripe but balanced, refined and classy.
14. Aimery Cabernet Rose, Vin de Pays D'OC (France)2007 4.00 15.00
This is a clear pale rose wine with a fresh and fruity bouquet and a strong but supple palate
15. Delheim Pinotage Rose, Simonsberg Stellenbosch (South Africa) 2007 18.50
Radiant hues of pink with layers of strawberry and watermelon aroma. This wine is crisp and refreshing.
Sparkling and Champagne
8.Ca' Ongaresca Prosecco N.V (Italy) £4.50 125ml 27.00
Sparkling aromatic and delicate with an elegant fruit bouquet
16. Varichon and Clerc Sparkling Chardonnay, N.V. (France) 16.95
A fresh Floral bouquet, naturally clean with a crisp freshness in the mouth
17. Chapel Down Brut, N.V. (Kent, England) 25.50
Lively and Refreshing, good depth, crisp fruit with attractive yeast overtones.
18. Heidsieck Gold top Champagne 2004 (France) 35.00
Deliciously soft and rich with subtle vanilla hints and bags of elegance.
36.Pol Roger Reserve (france) 55.00
Pale gold with a very fine bead. This champagne has a flowery, delicately toasty aroma with fruit.Beatifully balance with a dry harmonious finish
Lighter bodied, juicy, soft reds
19. Vanel Merlot Vin de Pays d'oc (France) 2007 3.50 13.75
Purplish crimson in colour, a fruity and peppery bouquet of blackcurrant and raspberries.
20. Cotes du Rhone 'Vieux Manoir du Friqoulas' (France) 2001 17.50
Rich, warm and spicy, with deliciously deep and fruity palate.
Medium bodied, richly fruity reds.
1.Tanguero Malbec (Argentina) 2007 3.50 13.75
This wine has a strong personality, with a soft rounded after taste.
1.Carmen Pinot Noir (Chile) 2007 4.25 16.00
Ruby red Pinot Noir packed with berry fruits and slight herbal notes.
23 Campo Legaza, Tempranillo Do Navarra (Spain) 2006 4.00 14.95
Rich deep damson colour with purple hues, berry fruit nose. The palate is firm with a
soft rounded finish.
24. Three Stones Pinot Noir (New Zealand) 2006 24.00
The Pinot Noir is immediately aromatic and expressive. An intriguing fruit nose consisting of cherry and ripe red fruits.
1.Jacques Girardin Bourgogne Pinot Noir (France) 2005 23.75
An award winning wine with a lingering bouquet of ripe fruit and subtle flavours produced in the village of Santenay.
26. La Tour de By Medoc (France) 1996/2001 27.50
Well run estate with a name for attractive sturdy wines. Cru Bourgeois Superior.
27. Lacoste Borie Pauillac (France) 2003 25.95
Second wine of Grand-Puy-Lacoste. Pauillac 2003 early maturing wine made after a hot summer.
37.Louis Latour Fleurie les Garans (france) 2007 27.50
This wine is deliciously floral on the nose and possesses a great smoothness on the palate
Full flavoured, richer reds
28. Willow Bridge, Cabernet Merlot (Australia) 2006 17.25
Lifted raspberry aromas are complimented with flavors of mulberry and blackcurrant with gentle oak and soft tannins.
29. Lyngrove Shiraz (South Africa) 2005 15.50
Deep red with garnet hue. Ripe fruit, mostly red and black berry flavours, with touches of vanilla and spicy oak.
30. Fontella Chianti (Italy) 2007 19.95
A traditional Chianti which is ruby red in colour with delightful ripe berry aromas and delicious
cherry fruit flavours
31. Torrealdea Gran Reserva Rioja (Spain)2001 26.50
Ruby red in colour, aromas of leather and a hint of raisin and vanilla.
32. Chateauneuf du Pape Grand Veneur (France) 2004 27.75
Rich and powerful with a distinctly scented bouquet.
33.Chateau Cissac, cru Bourgeois Haut Medoc (France) 2001 29.95
This wine displays all the hallmarks of a classic tradionally styled claret, rich silky tannins
and well structured fruit.
34.Vosne-Romanee Aux Reas Dom. A-F Gros (France) 2001 39.00
Village with Burgundy's grandest Cru.
Pudding and Cheese Half Bottle
35. Deen Vat 5 Bortrytis Semillion (Australia) 2005 4.00(100ml) 14.00
Of outstanding character, honeyed fruit, candied citrus, smoothly lush texture and a tangy finish.
Where possible, The Guide will publish a restaurant's full list. In many cases where the list is too extensive, highlights are shown to give a taste of what to expect.
Send us your review of The Lamb at Buckland, FaringdonPlease give us your opinion of The Lamb at Buckland.
Share this page
Do you own this restaurant? Get a recommended badge for your website.