Review on Le Taillevent Restaurant
Le Taillevent Restaurant opened in 1946 by André Vrinat and moved to its present location in 1953, close to the famous Champs Elysées, where it has been serving Michelin starred cuisine ever since. André died in 1980, but this beautiful restaurant is still family run. Built in 1852 as a townhouse that belonged to the Duke of Morny, it then became the Paraguay Embassy before eventually opening as Le Taillevent taking its name from a 14th century cook, Guillaume Tirel, called Taillevent who wrote the first French cookery book that was ordered by King Charles V of France.
There are two dining rooms, the first is called The Lamennais which has beautiful panelling and features pieces of contemporary art, Naggar paintings, original lithographs from Friedlander and Piza and Machat sculptures. The second dining room is The Trianon which has round tables in a light and airy space and overlooks the inside patio and garden. A screen made by Pierre Bonnefille hides the doors leading to the kitchen and an ornate staircase leads to two small dining rooms which are used for private functions.
Alain Solivérès joined Taillevent in 2002 and he has an impressive CV serving under the direction of such great chefs as Alain Senderens and Alain Ducasse. His motto is 'Haute cuisine is based on simplicity' and the gastronomic menu which follows the seasons is one of tradition and innovation. There is a stupendous wine cellar boasting more than 2,000 bins with many available by the glass.
Le Taillevent Restaurant is also featured in: Michelin GuideRate this Restaurant
Restaurant Opening Times
Lunch: 12.15 - 2.30pm Mon-Fri
Dinner: 7.15pm - 10.00pm Mon-Fri
Accepted credit cards
Visa, Master Card, American Express