If you have any specific concerns around the privacy of your personal data or require further information about how we manage your personal information, please contact us directly:
By Post: The Mobile Food Guide, PO Box 331, Folkestone, Kent, CT20 2GH
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Data Protection Statement
Your personal data is data which by itself or with other data available to us can be used to identify you.
Where there are two or more people named, this data protection statement applies to each person separately.
The types of personal data we collect and use
- 1. Full name and personal details including contact information (e.g. home/business address, email address, business/mobile telephone numbers.
- 2. Any other data deemed necessary to perform our contract.
Using your personal data: the legal basis and purposes
We will process your personal data:
- 1. As necessary to perform our contract with you for the relevant service:
a) To take steps at your request before entering into it;
b) To decide whether to enter into it;
c) To manage and perform that contract;
d) To update our records.
- 2. Based on your consent: As a guide user submitting a personal review on a restaurant or as a restaurateur submitting data about your restaurant.
- 3. As necessary for our own legitimate interests.
Sharing your personal data
Subject to the applicable data protection laws we may share your data with:
- 1. The Mobile Food Guide Group of companies.
- 2. Users of The Mobile Food Guide web site and apps.
- 3. Subcontractors and other persons that help us provide our services.
- 4. Companies and other persons providing services to us.
- 5. Our legal and other professional advisors.
- 6. In defending any claim against us.
- 7. When we restructure or sell our business or its assets or have a merger or re-organisation.
Criteria used to determine retention periods (whether or not you become a customer)
The following criteria are used to determine data retention periods for your personal data.
- 1. Retention in case of queries. We will retain your personal data as long as necessary to deal with your queries.
- 2. We will keep your personal information in accordance with our internal retention policies. We will determine the length of time we keep it for based on the minimum retention periods required by law, regulation or guide/reference web site industry procedures. We will only keep your personal information after this period if there is a legitimate and provable business reason to do so.
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
Your rights are as follows noting that these rights don’t apply in all circumstances.
- 1. The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data.
- 2. The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it.
- 3. The right to rectification if your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- 4. The right to have your personal data erased.
- 5. The right to restrict processing of your personal data.
- 6. The right to data portability, move, copy or transfer your personal data.
- 7. The right to object to processing of your personal data.
- 8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Transferring your data outside the EU
Unfortunately, sending information via e-mail is not completely secure; anything you send is done so at your own risk. Once received, we will secure your information in accordance with our security procedures and controls.
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure, including safeguards against unauthorised access, use or data loss. Unfortunately, sending information electronically or by post is not completely secure. Any of your personal data sent electronically or by post to or from us is sent at your own risk.
Making a data protection complaint
If you have any concerns about the way we process your personal data, or are not happy with the way we’ve handled a request by you in relation to your rights, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office. Their address is:
First Contact Team
Information Commissioner's Office
The Mobile Food Guide. Sardines Plaice.com Ltd Ltd Registration number 04610803 PO Box 331 Folkestone Kent CT20 2GH